Peter is a highly experienced advisor, with over 30 years’ experience in the industry during which time he has been involved in some of the largest and most complex matters in South Australia and the Northern Territory. He has conducted numerous complex investigative accounting reports, turnaround assignments and formal workouts such as Voluntary Administrations, Liquidations, Receiverships and pre-lending reviews on behalf of both banks and borrowers. He has managed many corporate and personal insolvencies and has fought for clients' rights through the Supreme and Federal Courts and in the High Court of Australia.
Peter has won substantial judgments for creditors reinforcing interpretations of sections of the Corporations Act or highlighting need for changes. He has also represented major banks and finance institutions in significant local and interstate matters.
Peter is recognised for his work in the areas of agriculture, wine, transport, manufacturing, construction, and hospitality. His specialised expertise has been in investigating complex structures of individual and interrelated groups of companies to achieve reconstructions or take other actions on behalf of clients.
Some of Peter’s significant appointments include:
- Australian Mineral Foundation as Administrator of a large incorporated body,
- the Emanuel Group as Liquidator of 64 companies requiring extensive investigations,
- Le Fevre Hospital as Liquidator of a long standing institution,
- Ludvigsen Family Farms as Receiver & Manager of a large piggery operation, and
- Kangaroo Island Abalone as Administrator and Deed Administrator of abalone farms
Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Economics (Majoring in accountancy)
- Chartered Accountant
- Registered Liquidator
- Official Liquidator
- Registered Trustee in Bankruptcy
- Member of Australian restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
- Member of Australian Society of CPAs
- Member of National Institute of Accountants
- Member of Australian Institute of Credit Management (SA Division)
- Catholic Church Diocesan Finance Council (SA)